USB DUAL TTL 3.3V CONVERTER / USB DUAL TTL ADAPTER
USB TO DUAL TTL 3.3V CONVERTER / ADAPTER
Qty: 10+ $95.36
Qty: 50+ $90.06
Other Qty: Ask
This port-powered, bi-directional USB to dual TTL 3.3V converter can be used to convert any standard full-duplex USB port into two full-duplex 3.3V TTL ports and vice versa.
The unit is powered from the USB port and it supports data auto-sensing & self-adjusting, which automatically adjust baud rate, parity, stop bit and other COM port parameters to the devices that they are connected to. Therefore, it requires no external power or baud rate settings. The unit uses the latest FTDI chipset and is fully compatible with Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/Server2008/ Server2003/2000/98 (32-bit), Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/ Server2008/Server2003 (64-bit), Win CE, Mac, and Linux.
CommFront's USB converters were strictly certified by SGS and/or TUV (both are the Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories [NRTLs] in North America (approved by OSHA) and the Notified Bodies in the European Union. CommFront's product quality is ensured by our ISO 9001:2008 (Cert No. SG12/04213) quality control system (strictly certified by SGS/UKAS), and we back our high-quality converter products with a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee and a 5-year replacement warranty.
FEATURES (USB DUAL TTL 3.3V CONVERTER)
- Adds two TTL 3.3v ports to your USB port.
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing and self-adjusting).
- Supports Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/Server2008/Server2003/2000/98 (32-bit), Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/Server2008/Server2003 (64-bit), Win CE, Mac, and Linux.
- Supports remote wakeup and power management.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting).
- Port-powered, no external power required.
- No IRQs required, no IRQ conflicts.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by world-class lab SGS/TUV (Cert No. EM/2008/20062C, EM/2008/20063C, SG-CE-090012).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
SPECIFICATIONS (USB DUAL TTL ADAPTER)
|Compatibility:||USB 2.0 (backward compatible) and TTL/CMOS 3.3v level|
|Power Source:||From USB port|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 100mA|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (Auto-sensing & Self-adjusting)|
|Distances:||USB side: 10ft (3m); TTL side: 10ft (3m)|
|Connectors:||Side: Type A Female;>TTL side: 2x DB-9 Male; 2x Termination Board (DB-9 Female and a 3-Way Terminal Block)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.9 x 2.8 x 6.2 in (24 x 72 x 158 mm) (excluding cable)|
|Cable Length:||ft (0.6 m)|
|Weight:||5.5 oz (155 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||32ºF to 95ºF (0ºC to 35ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|
TTL SIGNAL LEVELS
|TTL Input||TTL Output|
|High (>2.0V)||High (3.3V)|
|Low (<0.8V)||Low (0V)|
CONVERTER CONNECTOR / TERMINAL BLOCK PIN OUTS
USB Type A Connector (view from front)
TTL Side (DB-9 Male Connector / Terminal Block):
|Function:||TTL OUT||TTL IN||GND|
Note: The USB-TTL3.3V converter comes with a 3-way terminal block for easy wire connections. However, you may choose not to use the terminal block provided and simply follow the above table for pin assignments.
|DB-9 Male (view from front) / Terminal Block|
CONNECTIONS (USB TO DUAL TTL 3.3V CONVERTER)
(USB to dual TTL 3.3V Converter Connection Diagram)
TROUBLESHOOTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR USB TO DUAL TTL 3.3V CONVERTER
1) Driver installation
Make sure that the USB-DUAL-TTL3.3V converter is connected to your USB port, and the driver is installed correctly (as shown above); otherwise, please reinstall the driver (refer to user manual for details).
2) Loopback Test
- Connect a USB-Dual-TTL3.3V converter to your PC's USB port and short TX and RX on the TTL terminal block (as shown above).
- Run 232Analyzer FREE version software on your computer.
- Select "ASCII" for both the Send and Receive data formats. Then send command and/or string such as "CommFront" from the 232Analyzer software. You should receive an echo of the command/string sent ("CommFront"). By performing a simple loopback test like this, you can test both the transmitter and receiver of the converter. This is very helpful when you are in doubt about the performance of your converter.
Screenshot: Send/receive commands from 232Analyzer software.
232Analyzer is an advanced RS232 Serial Protocol Analyzer software that allows you to control, monitor and analyze serial port (RS232 / RS485 / RS422 / TTL, etc.) activities. Not just the data, it also allows you to monitor or change RS-232's line states: RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, and RI.
The FREE version (no time limitation) can be downloaded from here.