USB TO TTL 3.3V CONVERTER / USB TTL 3.3V ADAPTER
USB TO TTL 3.3V CONVERTER / ADAPTER
Qty: 10+ $56.66
Qty: 50+ $53.51
Other Qty: Ask
This port-powered, bi-directional USB to TTL 3.3V converter can be used to convert any standard full-duplex USB port into a full-duplex 3.3V TTL port and vice versa.
The unit is powered from the USB port and it supports data auto-sensing & self-adjusting, which automatically adjust baud rate, parity, stop bit and other COM port parameters to the devices that they are connected to. Therefore, it requires no external power or baud rate settings. The unit uses the latest FTDI chipset and is fully compatible with Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/Server2008/ Server2003/2000/98 (32-bit), Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/ Server2008/Server2003 (64-bit), Win CE, Mac, and Linux.
CommFront's product quality is ensured by our strict ISO 9001:2008 quality control system, and we back our high-quality USB TTL converter / adapter products with a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee and a 5-year replacement warranty. Read more: 5 tips for choosing quality converter products
FEATURES (USB TTL 3.3V CONVERTER)
- Adds one TTL 3.3v port to your USB port.
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing and self-adjusting).
- Supports Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/Server2008/Server2003/2000/98 (32-bit), Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/Server2008/Server2003 (64-bit), Win CE, Mac, and Linux.
- Supports remote wakeup and power management.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting).
- Port-powered, no external power required.
- No IRQs required, no IRQ conflicts.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by world-class lab SGS / TUV (Cert No. EM/2008/20060C, EM/2008/20061C, SG-CE-090012).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
SPECIFICATIONS (USB TTL 3.3V ADAPTER)
|Compatibility:||USB 2.0 (backward compatible) and TTL/CMOS 3.3v level|
|Power Source:||From USB port|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 100mA|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (Auto-sensing & Self-adjusting)|
|Distances:||USB side: 10ft (3m); TTL side: 10ft (3m)|
|Connectors:||Side: Type A Female; TTL side: DB-9 Male; Termination Board: DB-9 Female and a 3-Way Terminal Block|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.63 x 1.3 x 5.5 in (16 x 32 x 140 mm) (excluding cable)|
|Cable Length:||3.3 ft (1 m)|
|Weight:||3.8 oz (109 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||32ºF to 95ºF (0ºC to 35ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|
TTL SIGNAL LEVELS
|TTL Input||TTL Output|
|High (>2.0V)||High (3.3V)|
|Low (<0.8V)||Low (0)|
CONVERTER CONNECTOR / TERMINAL BLOCK PIN OUTS
USB Type A Connector (view from front)
TTL Side (DB-9 Male Connector / Terminal Block):
|Function:||TTL OUT||TTL IN||GND|
Note: The USB-TTL3.3V converter comes with a 3-way terminal block for easy wire connections. However, you may choose not to use the terminal block provided and simply follow the above table for pin assignments.
|DB-9 Male (view from front) / Terminal Block|
CONNECTIONS (USB TO TTL 3.3V CONVERTER)
(USB to TTL 3.3v Converter Connection Diagram)
TROUBLESHOOTING USB TO TTL CONVERTER
1) Driver installation
Make sure that the USB-TTL converter is connected to your USB port, and the driver is installed correctly (as shown above); otherwise, please reinstall the driver (refer to user manual for details).
2) Loopback Test
- Connect a USB-TTL converter to your PC's USB port and short TX and RX on the TTL terminal block (as shown above).
- Run 232Analyzer FREE version software on your computer.
- Select "ASCII" for both the Send and Receive data formats. Then send command and/or string such as "CommFront" from the 232Analyzer software. You should receive an echo of the command/string sent ("CommFront"). By performing a simple loopback test like this, you can test both the transmitter and receiver of the converter. This is very helpful when you are in doubt about the performance of your converter.
Screenshot: Send/receive commands from 232Analyzer software.
232Analyzer is an advanced RS232 Serial Protocol Analyzer software that allows you to control, monitor and analyze serial port (RS232 / RS485 / RS422 / TTL, etc.) activities. Not just the data, it also allows you to monitor or change RS-232's line states: RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, and RI.
The FREE version (no time limitation) can be downloaded from here.